Minister Carlisle Releases Shortened Link to Chapman's Peak Brochure
Robin Carlisle, the Minister of Transport and Public Works in the Western Cape, has released the shortened link to the updated Chapman's Peak Brochure - http://bit.ly/ypAOTs.
The revised brochure, which features the department's new real-to-life 3D images of the modest control building, explains, amongst others, the following irrefutable five points:
- Without tolling, Chapman's Peak Drive will be permanently closed.
- Due process has been followed from the beginning, including an extensive public participation and appeals process spanning eight years.
- The SANParks land involved is in fact 0.022% of 970 hectares sold by province to SANParks in 2003 for R1 200.
- The operations centre and toll plaza is vital to the operations and safety needed to manage Chapman's Peak Drive as a whole and which replaces unacceptable temporary working conditions.
- Day passes can continue provided permanent tolling facilities are introduced.