Dorp Street Clinic refurbished
The Department of Transport and Public Works completed the refurbishment of the Dorp Street Clinic in May 2018 at a cost of R2,96 million. This forms part of the larger 3 Dorp Street Modernisation Project which started on 24 October 2017.
This project includes:
- a new combined entrance to 1 & 3 Dorp Street,
- office modernisation of all six floors of 3 Dorp Street,
- relocating the Dorp Street Clinic to the corner of Dorp and Long Street and upgrading it.
“As the clinic had to be relocated in order to make way for a new optimised entrance to 1 and 3 Dorp Street, we saw a perfect opportunity to provide the clinic with a much-needed upgrade” said project leader Erica van den Berg.
The upgraded clinic consists of:
- two consulting rooms,
- a medical store room that can also accommodate an overflow of patients if the need arises, and
- a new reception area facing the corner of Long and Dorp Street.
“The clinic was completed on 16 May 2018 and the user client has moved in already. Construction on the rest of the project is set for completion on 4 December 2018”, she added.
This upgrade will further enhance the high-quality reproductive health services that the clinic provides to the public.