PRE officials shine at national awards ceremony
Western Cape Provincial Regulatory Entity (PRE) officials of the Department of Transport and Public Works (DTPW) made us all proud at the National Department of Transport (NDOT) Annual Transport Awards ceremony held on 29 October 2016. The 2016 theme was “Inspiring Excellence and Innovation for a Sustainable Transport Sector”.
On the day, national Minister of Transport Dipuo Peters gave recognition to those who presented a good image of their organisations through having a positive work attitude, being punctual and being well-groomed, showing innovation and creativity, and demonstrating good interpersonal and communication skills.
PRE received the following awards:
- Best Institution Award – 4th place.
- Best Female Transport Employee Award – Bernie MacMahon (2nd place), Shantel Radien (3rd place) and Wendy Siyo (4th place).
- Best Manager Award – Yasir Ahmed (4th place).
- Best Male Transport Employee Award – Yasir Ahmed (2nd place) and Hubert Kirkwood (3rd place).
- Public Nomination (Service Excellence) Award – Bernie MacMahon (1st place).
Adv. Kyle Reinecke, DTPW Deputy-Director General: Transport Management, says he is proud of all the nominees and winners. “All of our staff members have really worked hard over the past year to render a good service to the public,” he said. “They have done so with dedication, commitment, and collaboration. They can be proud of this recognition and that will inspire others.”
Well done to all nominees and winners who have shown outstanding work achievement and a strong commitment to the Batho Pele principles.