Ministers to Welcome Phelophepa Health Train in the Western Cape
The Phelophepa Health Care Train has reached 23.5 million people in South Africa since it rolled out in 1994. The health-care services provided from the train are largely free of charge or offered at an exceptionally low cost to communities in rural areas. The services include:
- Health clinic.
- Dental clinic.
- Eye clinic.
- Psychology clinic.
- Cancer screening services.
The train will be visiting towns in the Western Cape as follows:
- De Doorns: Mon 17 – Friday 21 August.
- Oudtshoorn: Mon 24 – Friday 28 August.
- George: Mon 31 Sept- Friday 4 September.
- Swellendam: Mon 7 September- Friday 11 September.
- Ashton: Mon 14 – Friday 18 September.
- Saldanha: Mon 21- Friday 25 September and Mon 28 September- Friday 2 October.
The Ministers will be met by senior officials from Transnet, who will accompany them on a walk-about of the facility.
Date: 17 August 2015
Time: 10:00 – 11:30
Venue: De Doorns Railway Station: -33.481633, 19.666000