Repair and Resurfacing of Victoria Road
C958.04: Repair and Resurfacing of Victoria Road (Mr103) Km 2.1 to Km 4.75, Near Llandudno.
The bulk of the patch repairs to the existing road surface have been completed and resurfacing of the roadway has started.
Rain will cause delays as patch repairs and resurfacing cannot be done on a wet road surface.
This should not cause any delays unless there is a breakdown at the asphalt plant.
Road and Access Closures
The laying down of the premix overlay commenced on Monday with a shoulder closure on the southbound carriageway. During shoulder resurfacing operations two way traffic will be maintained by making use of the opposite carriageway shoulder with lanes defined by means of lane delineators. This will also have the effect of marginally slowing the traffic down.
Following the laying of approximately 1 km of premix on the southbound carriageway, the same procedure will be followed on the northbound carriageway. This will be repeated until both shoulders have been resurfaced.
Once both shoulders have been resurfaced, the balance of the carriageway between the shoulders will be resurfaced in four sections.
This will necessitate stop/go lane closures that will be in place between 9:00 and 16:00 Monday to Thursday and 9:00 to 15:00 on Friday.
The following is the programme for the week:
- Monday: UTFC overlay on southbound shoulder: about 1 km (shoulder closure with lane shift).
- Tuesday : Wearing course patch on northbound lane: about 1 km (stop/go lane closure).
- Wednesday: UTFC overlay on northbound shoulder: about 1 km (shoulder closure with lane shift).
- Thursday: UTFC overlay on southbound shoulder: about 1 km (shoulder closure with lane shift).
- Friday: UTFC overlay on northbound shoulder: about 1 km (shoulder closure with lane shift).
- Monday (16 February): UTFC overlay on southbound lane: about 1 km (stop/go closure).
- General Enquiries: 082 458 7442