1. Educational and awareness programmes on early identification of deafness and what to do with a deaf child targeting mothers, care givers and families.
2. Home based early intervention support and information programme to families of hard of hearing infants (0-3years) : inclusive of : weekly visits by Parent Advisors providing emotional support, informational and skills based specifically for the deaf infant and his/her family.
3. Training of new interventionist to provide service to families of deaf children.
4. Deaf Mentor support (exposure to Deaf culture, Deaf way of life, sign language, spoken & sign langauge) by Deaf Mentors targeting families of Deaf Infants.
5. Training workshops for Parent Advisors to upgrade skills on latest development.
Type of Disability: Parents of deaf/ hearing loss children.
|Location:||Bellville, Cape Town|
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(Western Cape Government)|
|Facility Category:||Social Service Organisations (SSO)|
22 Sixth Avenue, Belville, 7530.
|Telephone:||083 324 1588|
Contact person: Prof. Claudine Storbeck