Goukam Neurological Association
1. Clinical observation, psychometry treatment and supportive remedial therapy targeting children and their family support systems.
2. Protective & remedial workshops: identification of strengths, weaknesses and exposure to functional workshop tasks; sills development: upholstery, sewing, baking graded in complexity and matched to level of competence.
3. Step Down services for children and adults recovering from injuries/ trauma.
4. Empowerment Programme for parents on understanding and managing child's disability through modeling, play, therapy remediation- both individual and group.
5. Family Support Programme: Teaching and facilitating functional independence, activities of daily living , bonding, grief management to assist families to do home programmes and therapy specific to the children's needs, toilet training, mobilisation etc.
6. After care and step down facility: short term residential placement with family member as primary caregiver. Training family members in behavioural management and home based care targeting newly disabled/ injured persons.
Type of Disability: All types of disabilities.
|Location:||Riversdale, Western Cape|
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(Western Cape Government)|
|Facility Category:||Social Service Organisations (SSO)|
40 Long Street, Riversdale, 6670
|Telephone:||028 713 4130|
Contact person: Ilze Olivier