Down Syndrome Association Western Cape
1. Awareness and educational programme in outreach areas specific to families of people with Down's Syndrome.
2. Therapeutic services: individual and family counselling services.
3. Counselling and support programme for parents of new born babies: First Contact with New Parents Programme.
4. Early Childhood Development Programme for children with Down Syndrome and monitoring their progress in 5 developmental levels.
5. Skills development programme/ workshop for young adults with Down Syndrome.
6. Group work programme for young adults on social and interpersonal skills, sexuality, relationship emotions, appropriate behaviour, self advocacy and esteem building.
7. Art classes, dance lessons and movie outings.
8. Early Childhood Development Programme: UMTHI Programme reaching children between ages 3-18 yrs for educational, moral, physical and social development of each child: Individual Learning Programme for each child (ILP) is developed.
Type of Disability: Down's Syndrome.
|Location:||Bellville, Cape Town|
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(Western Cape Government)|
|Facility Category:||Social Service Organisations (SSO)|
73 Van der Stel Street, Oakdale, Bellville, 7530
|Telephone:||021 919 8533|
Contact person: Tineke Ganz-Malan