Development Planning Intelligence Management and Research
The Directorate was established on 1 April 2015, as a result of an internal departmental restructuring process which responded to the implementation of a new planning regime, underpinned by newly promulgated planning legislation (LUPA and SPLUMA).
Our main business is to:
- Ensure the effective management and implementation of a development planning intelligence management and research function.
- Collaborate with other partners and stakeholders to coordinate provincial land use policy formulation, review and implementation.
- Build and maintain an intelligence / information HUB that will assist stakeholders with informed decision making and planning.
Manage Development Planning Intelligence
Build capacity of municipalities & other spheres of government by:
- Identifying, collecting, storing, packaging & sharing of relevant development planning data & information.
- Coordinating the spatial depiction of relevant development planning data & information.
Conduct Development Planning Research
Define and lead a common development planning research agenda with stakeholders.
Coordinate Land Use Planning Policy
- Monitor local municipalities’ ability to perform their land use planning functions effectively.
- Lead & coordinate the development, review and implementation of relevant provincial land use planning policy.
Development Planning Intelligence Management Strategy
State of Development Planning Report
Provincial Spatial Development Framework
Growth Potential of Towns Study
Director: Helena Jacobs
Intelligence Management: Riëtte Fourie
Policy Coordination: Yolisa Mabentsela
Research: Nathaneal Jacobs