The study Increasing Investment in Climate Change Related Projects at the Sub National Level was undertaken by National Treasury’s Technical Assistance Unit and the Western Cape Government (DEADP), and funded by the British High Commission. It explores ways to unlock barriers to climate change related projects and to mainstream and upscale the implementation of climate change related projects at the sub-national level.
- Phase 1: Diagnostic Report: Barriers and Challenges to Implementing Climate Change Projects.
- Phase 2 report: Towards a Financing Framework for Implementing Climate Change Projects.
- Phase 3: Energy Efficiency Guidelines – A Guide for Municipal Officials in South Africa (including case studies).
- DEADP Municipal Funding Training Resource (2013)
A funding database with information on potential international and national funders for climate change related projects, including the types and sizes of projects they support, as well as links for further information.
- DEADP Municipal Funding Directory (2013)
Training manual to equip and capacitate provincial and local government officials, regarding potential funding sources for key climate change areas.