Provide co-operative environmental governance in terms of environmental legislation.
The sub-directorate Rectification is responsible for the administration of application for the rectification of the unlawfully commenced activities which refers to activities that have commenced without prior environmental authorisation. Such actions are in contravention of section 24 of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (“NEMA”).
The Sub-directorate: Environmental Appeals Management serves the Minister of Local Government, Environmental Affairs and Development Planning in processing appeals lodged against Environmental Decisions issued in terms of National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) [“NEMA”] and the Special Environmental Management Acts (“SEMA’s”]; appeals lodged against Directives and Objections lodged against compliance notices issued in terms of the NEMA.
- Process applications in terms of Section 24G of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (NEMA) submitted to the Department.
- Providing environmental advice and comments on queries relating to Section 24G of NEMA
- Environmental Appeals and Objections
- Amendments to Appeal Environmental Authorisations
- Ensure provision of environmental and planning legal support services to Department and Provincial Minister
- Manage litigation on behalf of Department and Provincial Minister
Appeal form in terms of the National Appeals regulations, 2014
Directives Appeal form and /or Compliance Notice Objection form
In terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998)
NEMA Section 24G Fine Regulations, 2017 (citation)
Notice of Intention to appeal in terms of the Environmental Impact Assessment (“EIA”) regulations, 2010
Head of Rectification: Ms Zaidah Toefy
Administrative Officer: Nabeelah Khan
Tel: 021 483 5827/ 021 483 2701
Fax: 021 483 4033
Head of Environmental Appeals Management: Ms Jaqueta Keet
Environmental and Planning Appeals Coordinator: Mr Marius Venter
Tel: 021 483 3721
Fax: 021 483 4174