Tips to reduce the transmission of COVID-19
DO YOU USE SHARED TAPS AND TOILETS IN AN INFORMAL SETTLEMENT?
- Don’t touch the tap, toilet or door handle with your bare hands.
- Hold the tap, door handle or toilet lid with newspaper.
- You can also use your foot or shoulder to open the toilet door and lift the lid.
- Stand at least 6 steps away from other people when you queue for a toilet or tap.
- After using the toilet or tap – do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth until you wash your hands with soap and water.
- Clean the toilet or tap with 1 litre of water mixed with 4 teaspoons of Jik™/bleach (but keep this bleach mixture away from children).
WASH YOUR HANDS FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS
Contents: COVID-19 Tips
The content on this page was last updated on 25 March 2020