16 Days of Activism
The Western Cape Department of Community Safety encourages you to SPEAK OUT during 16 Days of activism against woman and child abuse
Creating safer spaces in our communities BETTER TOGETHER.
Minister Dan Plato encourages you to join him at the 16 Days of Activism events;
- Speaking out against woman and child abuse. Motivating silent female victims to challenge abuse and ensure they access assistance.
- Communities are urged to report child abuse to the Police.
- Encouraging children to report bullying behaviour to School authorities.
- Men will be targeted as they are critical partners in the fight against the abuse of women and children.
- Families are motivated to collectively create a safe environment for women and children.
- Parents and adults are urged to ensure that children are not exposed to inappropriate sexual and violent material.
- Volunteers will donate some of their time and energy in support of a Non-Governmental Organisation or community group working in their area to assist abused women and children.
- Community members will also be persuaded to use their life skills and knowledge to help support victims of abuse.
What you can do to help:
- Report crime anonymously: Call Crime Stop on 08600 10111 or SMS the
- CRIMELINE on 32211 (R1/sms)
- Get Help by calling the Department of Social Development’s Hotline on 0800 220 250
- In case of an emergency, dial 10111 immediately
- To report illegal gang activities: Call Law Enforcement on 086 076 5423
- Support your local CPF (Community Policing Forum), Neighbourhood
- Watch and Volunteer Programmes
- You can also contact Dan Plato, Minister of Community Safety, direct on
- 076 832 5505 or fax 021 483 3709
- • Report poor police service or good policing to our 24 Hour hotline on 021 483 4332
You can also Report abuse on the following numbers:
- Stop Gender Violence Helpline 0800 150 150, Childline 0800 55 555, SAPS
- 0860 10 111, Lifeline 0861 322 322, Safeline 0800 03 553
- For more information, view the following website https://www.westerncape.gov.za/dept/community-safety
Please click on the below link/s to view the 16 Days of Activism Poster and Pamphlet:
SPEAK OUT, report abuse and create safer spaces BETTER TOGETHER.