The Mbekweni e-Centre is involved in the following community support projects:
Disabled children and young people – a project with Stellenbosch University:
- Medical assessments.
- Aligning sport to disability.
- Developing community understanding.
- Monitoring benefits and outcomes.
Girls and young women in leadership roles through pregnancy or parent death:
- Re-establish education and vocational programmes.
- Develop skills.
- Act as role models.
Children and young people disadvantaged and affected by severe poverty:
- Re-establish educational links.
- Build physical fitness, self-belief.
- Young Leaders programme.
Young men as leaders:
- Promotion of “dare to be different” philosophy.
- Facilitated group and individual sessions.
- Mentoring.Development of leadership skills.
- Regular HIV testing and counseling available.