WISP: Cumulative Impact of the Programme over 5 years
The Western Cape Industrial Symbiosis Programme (WISP), a free facilitation service which assists companies to gain value to under-utilised resources has put together an infographic, a nice and easy way to understand how the program works and what the cumulative benefits have been. WISP matches businesses to share unused resources, cut costs and create value and the infographic also explains how this is done. Over a period of five years, the programme has achieved a fair cumulative impact including:
- Waste deviation of 5200 tonnes
- Generated additional revenue of R11.4million for business
- Created 22 economy wide jobs & over 14 temporal jobs
- Fossil GHG savings of 21000 tonnes CO2e which is equivalent to 9900 average annual South African households electricity use or 5 wind turbines installed in South Africa
- Cost savings of R13.4million to business
- Private investment to the value of R104 000
The programme continues to demonstrate that industrial symbiosis has great potential for businesses in the Western Cape. With more than 300 members in the network already, the WISP programme claims a return of R4.00 back to the network in economic benefits for every rand invested by government.
If you would like to become part of the network and kept up-to-date with our events, contact Sarah O’Carroll or Joshua Wallace on 021 811 0250 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit GreenCape’s website www.green-cape.co.za and follow us on Twitter WISP_GreenCape to find out more about the programme.