The Western Cape Supplier Database
Compulsory Registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database
What is the Western Cape Supplier Database?
The Western Cape Supplier Database is an internet software application that allows the 13 departments of the Western Cape Government to extract, manage and verify data received from prospective suppliers that wish to do business with the provincial government. With the information of suppliers at their disposal, it will enable any of the departments to find an appropriate supplier to meet their specific needs for any project.
Why Compulsory Registration?
As from 1 April 2012, the Western Cape Government may no longer do business with suppliers that are not actively registered on the Western Cape Supplier Database. The database allows for:
- An accurate source of data on current and potential suppliers.
- Valid and up-to-date information on all suppliers.
- Decrease of the administrative burden on departments.
When Will Registration be Compulsory?
According to the Provincial Supply Chain Management (SCM) Prescripts, departments or entities of the Western Cape Government may not do business with suppliers that are not actively registered on the Western Cape Supplier Database as from 1 April 2012.
What are the Benefits of Registering on the Western Cape Supplier Database?
- A registered supplier will be considered a verified supplier, meaning that it meets the minimum requirements to do business with Western Cape Government.
- Eradicates the repetitive submission of the required documentation for each bid/quote lodged at various departments.
- Allows for prospective service providers to be eligible to contract with the Western Cape Government.
- Suppliers only need to register once on the central database that will be available for use by all departments/institutions.
Can I Still Do Business with the Western Cape Government if I am Not Registered on the Database after 1 April 2012?
No; registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database is a compulsory requirement according to the Provincial Supply Chain Management (SCM) Prescripts. Failure to register will mean that the supplier doesn't meet the minimum requirements to do business with the Western Cape Government.
Will I Be Able to Still Register after 1 April 2012?
Yes, registration will continue on a daily basis.
Will I Get Work if I Register?
Registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database does not guarantee that a supplier will receive work (quotes or bids) but it only serves as a compulsory requirement to do business with the Western Cape Government.
What is the Cost for Registration?
Registering on the database is free.
What Do I Need to Do to Get Registered?
All prospective suppliers intending to do business with the Western Cape Government must submit applications for registration on the database and amendments to supplier profile within the format as prescribed or determined from time to time by the Provincial Treasury. Documents can be obtained from:
- Quadrem Ariba office
- First floor
PO Box 1207
Switchboard: 021 680 4600
Fax: 0861 132 989
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury
Private Bag X9165
7 Wale Street
Provincial Legislature Building
Is the BBBEE Rating Certificate Compulsory for Registration?
No, however it is a requirement for the claiming of preference points.
Should you have any related queries or if you require assistance completing the registration form, please contact Quadrem TradeWorld:
- Western Cape Supplier Database Call Centre
Tel: 0861 22 5577 or 021 680 4666
Fax: 021 680 4655
Quadrem TradeWorld: Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 17:00
- Treasury Supplier Database Helpdesk
Mr Kosie Theron, Tel: 021 483 5650
Mr Ivan Gallant, Tel: 021 483 6223
Ms Shirley Jacobs, Tel: 021 483 4675
Fax: 021 483 3163
Treasury Supplier Database Helpdesk:
Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 15:00