DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT: OVERVIEW
The Department of Local Government is responsible for promoting good governance in local authorities to enhance municipal service delivery.
The following are the strategic goals for the next five years (2010-2015) of the department as stated in its five-year strategic plan:
- Compliant and accountable municipalities underpinned by good governance.
- Effective intergovernmental relations.
- Effective integrated development planning by all spheres of
government that accelerates service delivery within municipal areas.
- Unlocked opportunities for communities through improved access and active community participation.
- Capacitated municipalities who deliver effective services.
- Effective monitoring of local government.
- Well maintained municipal infrastructure.
- Effective disaster management practices.
- A fully functional department that is accountable for delivering quality services to local government.
Municipal Contact Details
Municipal Election Results
The content on this page was last updated on 29 May 2013