This is the legal framework for injuries, disablement, disease and death caused by work-related activities (occupational disease and accidents). This used to be called Worker's Compensation.
When a worker becomes ill, the empoyer needs to make a notice of this event to the Department of Labour. This form "Employers Report of an Occupational Disease" is to be used. The employee may then fill in follow up forms, and make a statement to start the claim process from this fund. The employee form, "Notice of an Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation ", is available here.
Return to > Government Support.
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF)
- Bargaining Councils
- COIDA (Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993)
- Basic Conditions of Employment
- Skills Development Levy
- The Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) Act
- The Employment Equity Act
- The Labour Relations Act (LRA)
- Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs) and the Skills Levy